Friday, September 15, 2006

Disclaimer

This blog is the place for what I'm missing in myself; it's an invitation. Build it and I will come? I will say nothing objectively new here, show no photograph that doesn't resemble one someone's already taken. The medium is (a big part of) the message. Presence on the internet may create an apparition within the soul, whose eyes are made new by the world each day. (I don't even believe in a "soul," really, so there ya go; problematic enterprise from the start.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marylyn, Marylyn, Marylyn! You are a TERRIFIC writer! Loved your piece on rednecks. Creative, articulate, entertaining, and very image-provoking. Guess there's a house of rednecks in most every neighborhood here in Sweet Home Alabama. I too have watched them with your same fascination - as well as with major boredom. I've had that snooty superior feeling, but I was too cowardly to put it into words, even in my own head! You do a great job of writing what others feel. Girl, you HAVE that thing that draws all of us to read. I'm proud of you!